Prepare and use a microtome on a range of tissue samples within different embedding materials.
Knowledge and skills you might demonstrate
- Principles of specimen dissection and block selection.
- Tissue processing and embedding techniques.
- Microtomy, cryotomy.
- Normal cellular morphology and ultrastructure of specified tissues and organ systems, including skin, building on basic anatomy and physiology.
- Basic principles of tissue preparation techniques, including factors affecting selection and their application.
- Factors that influence the quality and integrity of prepared specimens.
- The principles of specimen dissection and manipulation to expose features of interest.
- Basic principles of demonstration techniques and their rationale and hazards.