Select the appropriate enzyme cytochemical techniques required to demonstrate a specific disease process using appropriate control material.
Knowledge and skills you might demonstrate
- Relevance and importance of specificity, sensitivity, accuracy and precision in the evaluation of analytical methods.
- Capabilities and limitations of methods, techniques and equipment.
- Safe laboratory practices, including principles of sterilisation and decontamination.
- Principles and applications of techniques using different instrumentation.
- Use and application of reagents for analysis.
- Significance of standard operating procedures (SOPs), internal quality control (IQC) and external quality assessment (EQA).
- Factors that influence the quality and integrity of prepared specimens.
- The range of further investigations that may be required, their purpose, capabilities and limitations.