Support the preparation of reports and the reporting process for patients being investigated for genetic disorders.
Knowledge and skills you might demonstrate
- Range of reporting formats and options.
- Relevant professional guidelines for reporting.
- Policy for authorisation and disclosure of results and the need for confidentiality and information governance.
- Factors involved in evaluation of clinical risk to the patient and their family.
- Procedures for issuing written results, verbal results or for faxing.
- Patterns of inheritance (Mendelian and non-Mendelian), including imprinting.